Multiplication word problems arise in situations where we have to do repeated addition of the same number. Now, Think of multiplication as a shortcut for adding the same number multiple times. Multiplication is one of the arithmetic operations and the more you know your multiplication table, the easier it is going to be for you to perform multiplication.
This Worksheet on Multiplication of Whole Numbers consists of simple multiplication problems which will help students to recognize multiplication problems and also help them in real-life problems.
Multiplication of Whole Numbers Word Problems
1. Multiply 564 by 45?
We know that 564 is multiplicand and 45 is multiplier.
Step 1: First with the multiplicand 564, we will multiply 5 and we get 2820.
Step 2: Now multiply 564 with 4 and we get 2256.
Step 3: Add both the products to get the final product
Therefore, the product is 25380.
2. Multiply 15678 by 567?
Step 1: First multiply 15678 by 7 and we get 109746 as a first partial product.
Step 2: Now, Multiply 15678 by 6 and we get 94068 as a second partial product.
Step 3: Multiply 15678 by 5 and we get 78390 as a third partial product.
Step 4: Add up all the partial products to obtain the final product.
Therefore, the final product is 8889426.
3. A class has 34 textbooks and each book has 345 pages. How many pages are there in all?
Number of textbooks = 34
Number of pages in each book has = 345
Total number of pages = Number of textbooks * Number of pages in each book
= 34 * 345
Hence, The total number of pages in a class is 11730.
4. In an apartment, a flat consists of 3 bedrooms. Each bedroom has 4 windows. How many windows are there in the flat?
Number of bedrooms = 3
Number of windows in each bedroom = 4
Total number of bedrooms in a flat = Number of bedrooms * Number of windows
= 3 * 4
Hence, the Number of windows in a flat is 12.
5. A factory makes 514 bulbs per day. The factory runs 5 days per week. How many bulbs are made in 4 weeks?
Number of bulbs made per day = 514
Number of days factory runs per week = 5
Number of bulbs made in 1 week = Number of bulbs made per day * Number of days factory runs
= 514 * 5
Number of bulbs made in 4 weeks = 4 * 2570
Hence, the Number of bulbs the factory produces in 4 weeks = 10280.
6. A man is earning Rs.350 per day. How much money did he earn in 2 months that is January and February?
Number of days in January = 31
Number of days in February = 28
His earning per day = Rs. 350
His earning in the month of January = 31 * 350
His earning in the month of February = 28 * 350
His earning in two months = January earning + February earning
=10850 + 9800
Hence, his earning in 2 months i.e January and February = 20650
7. In a stationery shop, there are 156 packets of pencils and pens. Each packet consists of 5 pencils and 10 pens in it. How many pens and pencils are there in the shop?
Number of packets in stationery shop = 156
Each packet has = 5 pencils and
Each packet has = 10 pens
Total number of pens = Number of packets * Number of pens in each packet
= 156 * 10
Total number of pencils = Number of packets * Number of pencils in each packet
= 156 * 5
Hence, the Number of pens and pencils are there in the shop are 1560 and 780.
8. The Zookeeper wants to give each monkey 14 bananas. There are 44 monkeys in the zoo. How many bananas would he need?
Number of monkeys in the zoo = 44
Number of bananas to each monkey = 14
Total number of bananas required = Number of monkeys * Number of bananas
= 44 * 14
Hence, The total number of bananas required for a zookeeper is 616.
9. In a bus stand, 56 passengers will sit in a bus. How many passengers will sit in 43 buses?
Number of passengers in each bus = 56
Number of buses = 43
Total number of passengers = Number of passengers in each bus * Number of buses
= 56 * 43
Hence, the number of passengers in 43 buses is 2408.
10. Ramesh reads 13 pages of a book in one hour. How many pages are there in the book if he reads 5 hours a day and finishes the book in 25 days?
Total pages read in one hour = 13
Total pages read in 5 hours(1 day) = 5 * 13 = 65
Total number of pages read in 25 days = 25 * 65
Therefore, a Total number of pages in a book = 1625.
11. The water capacity of a tank is 1500 liters. Find the total capacity of 65 such tanks.
The water capacity of a tank is = 1500 liters
Number of tanks = 65
Total Water capacity of 65 tanks = 65 * 1500
Hence, the total capacity of 65 such tanks = 97500.
12. A truck can carry 2500 kg of coal per trip. How much coal will be carried if the truck makes 123 trips?
Truck carry in one trip = 2500 kg
Number of trips = 123
Number of kgs a truck can carry in 123 trips = 2500 * 123
Hence, the truck can carry 307500 kgs in 123 trips.