All the solutions provided in McGraw Hill My Math Grade 1 Answer Key PDF Chapter 1 Addition Concepts will give you a clear idea of the concepts.
McGraw-Hill My Math Grade 1 Answer Key Chapter 1 Addition Concepts
How do you add numbers?
we add the numbers on a number line
mark on number 2 move 2 numbers forward
2 + 2 = 4
Am I Ready?
write how many.
There are 4 red apples.
There are 6 green apples.
Draw circles to show each number.
The given number is 5
so, drawn 5 circles.
The given number is 7
so, drawn 7 circles.
Write how many there are in all.
6 blue birds and 2 red birds
6 + 2 = 8
How Did I Do?
Shade the boxes to show the problems you answered correctly.
My Math Words
in all same
Trace the words. Then draw a picture in each box to show what each word means.
2 birds are flying and 3 birds are on the ground
so, there are 5 birds in all.
3 red apples = 3 red apples
same as 3 red apples.
My Vocabulary Cards
Ideas for Use
- Have students think of words that rhyme with some of the cards.
- Ask pairs of students to sort the cards by the number of syllables on each card.
- Have students draw examples for each card. Have them make drawings that are different from what is shown on the front of each card.
An expression using numbers and the + and = sign.
To join together sets to find the total or sum.
Something that is not a fact. The opposite of true.
The sign used to show having the same value as or is the same as.
The symbol used to show addition.
One of the two parts joined to make the whole.
My Vocabulary Cards
More Ideas for Use
- Use the blank cards to write your own vocabulary words.
- Have students draw examples for each card. Have them make drawings that are different from what is shown on each card.
Something that is a 1 fact. The opposite of false.
The answer to an addition problem.
A count of no objects.
The sum of two parts.
Foldables Follow the steps on the back to make your Foldable.
The sum of to addends is the total or whole.