Are you Solving Problems on Multiplication and struggling to solve them? If so, you need not bother anymore as we have compiled the Amazing Facts about Multiplication that makes your problem solving much simple. Here we will discuss the definition of Multiplication, Fun Facts of Multiplication. You can also find the Solved Examples of Multiplication for better understanding them.
What is Multiplication?
Multiplication gives the results of combining groups of equal sizes. Multiplication is represented by a dot ‘.’, or asterisk ‘*’ or cross sign.
Interesting Multiplication Facts
1. When two numbers have multiplied the result we get is the product. The multiplicand is the number being multiplied. The number that you are multiplying by is called Multiplier. We can multiply the two numbers in any order. So we can use the word factor. The result of the multiplication is called Product.
For Example 9*2=18, 12*3=36, 3*2=6, 10*2=20.
Here 9 is called Multiplicand.
2 is called Multiplier.
18 is called Product.
2.The product of any number multiplied by one is equal to the number itself.
Example: If every child gets ‘1’ chocolate, how many Chocolates are needed for 10 children?
1 child → 1 chocolate
10 children → 10 times 1 Chocolate
10 × 1 Chocolate = 10 Chocolates
The product is equal to the number itself.
3. The product of any number multiplied by zero is zero.
4. In a multiplication operation, the product can be equal to the numbers being multiplied or greater than, but never the smaller, except when one of the numbers is zero.
5. In multiplication, the change in the order of the numbers being multiplied does not change the product.
Example: 3 × 4 = 4 × 3 = 12
12 × 2 = 2 × 12 = 24.
The division fact is used for finding the missing multiplicand or multiplier.
6. For every multiplication fact there are two division facts.
3*4=12 ->Multiplication fact
The above two are called division facts.
Thus, the product divided by the multiplicand equals the multiplier, and the product divided by the multiplier equals the multiplicand.
FAQs on Facts of Multiplication
1. What is Multiplication?
Multiplication gives the results of combining groups of equal sizes.
2. What symbol is used for multiplication?
The symbol used for multiplication is ‘.’ or ‘*’, a cross symbol.
3. What is Multiplier?
The number that you are multiplying by is called Multiplier.
4. What is the product?
When we multiply two numbers the result we get is called product.
5. What is Multiplicand?
The number that gets multiplied is called Multiplicand.