Want to know about the Addition Fact Sums to 10? You have come to the right page which explains all about the details on how to add numbers that add to give 10. In general, there are many numbers that sum up to 10. We have given them all here for your convenience. Check out the later modules to understand the concepts such as Addition Facts to 10 Chart, Tips to Memorize the Addition Facts, Prerequisities to Know for Learning the Facts about Addition.
The Addition Facts that Equal to 10 Table will provide the kids the logical methods to understand the patterns raised from the number system. Children can understand them at a conceptual level rather than simply mugging up. Also, refer to the Worked Out Examples on finding the addition facts that sum up to 10 in the further sections.
Read More: Facts about Addition
Table to Memorize Addition Facts that Equal 10 | Addition Facts to 10 Chart
Below is the table that adds up to give 10. Without memorizing the addition facts it is difficult to tackle addition, subtraction problems with bigger numbers. If they work on memorizing these simple facts about addition that sum up to 10 you can understand the new concepts. If you are not aware of these Addition Facts Sums to 10 it becomes problematic while solving the related problems.
From the above table, we can write the Numbers that Sum to 10
0 + 10 = 10
1 + 9 = 10
2 + 8 = 10
3 + 7 = 10
4 + 6 = 10
5 + 5 = 10
6 + 4 = 10
7 + 3 = 10
8 + 2 = 10
9 + 1 = 10
10 + 0 = 10
Prerequisites to Know Before Learning the Addition Facts
Your kid needs to be strong with the following skills before mastering the addition facts. They are in the below fashion
- Must be able to recognize the Numbers Up to 20.
- Get to know the concept of Addition.
- Have a basic understanding of what is Place Value and all. For instance, knowing 16 is the same as 10+6.
How to Teach your Kids Addition Facts that have a Sum of 10?
Follow the simple hacks provided below while teaching your kid these Addition Facts that sum to 10. They are in the below fashion
- Instead of trying to overwhelm all the Facts about Addition that Sums to 10 at once, try to break it up into smaller groups.
- Visualization is important and allows kids to master the addition facts by understanding them rather than simply rote learning. Suppose if there are any disorganized counters he/she can find the total by simply counting each individual counter by counting on fingers. Arranging them in organized groups on tens frames makes it easy for them to count numbers for addition.
- Once your child has learned the particular addition strategy practice as much as you can and use the strategy fluently.
- Mix the addition facts that equal to 10 with other facts and learn them over the long run.
Worked Out Examples on Addition Facts that Sum to 10
Add 7 +3 =?
Count the Numbers up to Add. Start counting from 7 and count up to 3.
7, 8, 9, 10
Thus, the Sum of 7+3 = 10
Find the missing addend whose addition fact sums to 10?
(i) 10 = 5 + ?
Start counting the numbers after 5 to make it equal to 10
5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Now, count the numbers since there are 5 numbers
Therefore, 5 +5 = 10
(ii) 10 = 4+ ?
Start counting the numbers after 4 to make it equal to 10
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Now, count the numbers. Since there are 6 numbers
Thus, 10 = 4+6